community network of people who want to get involved in strengthening our schools and our community. We need all of our school communities to come together, learn from one another, and help each other out when needed.
Also, as a community, we should give input into the "Bridgeport-Chinatown" (CPS title of our neighborhood) section of the CPS Draft 10 Year Educational Facilities Master Plan. This, by law, was due May 1, 2013. The final 10 Year Facilities Plan is due October 1, 2013. If you would like to get involved in collecting information, checking data, and responding to this Plan on behalf of our community, please get in touch with the BA at email@example.com.
Please get in touch, too, if you'd like to get involved in our schools.
Here's a link to the Draft 10 Year Educational Facilities Master Plan:
Things to pay special attention to:
- Pages 78 & 79.... It's officially due October 1, 2013 so there's a list of how CPS will engage communities this summer. You can also find the "Conclusion" here.
- Pages 124 - 129... "Bridgeport-Chinatown" section. If anyone would like to help come up with input on this section OR if you want to check CPS data for accuracy OR if you see a glaring error, please see the email above and get in touch.
- You can also find an individual school's "Educational Facilities Master Plan" on www.cps.edu.
- Click on the "Schools" Tab (on the far left of the CPS homepage)
- Go to "Find a School."
- Type in your school's name and click Find.
- Once on your school's page, scroll all the way down to the very last report under
- "Report Name". Click on "Education Facilities Master Plan."
We recommend you look this over within your school community: at a LSC or PAC meeting, with teachers or with your principal, etc. We know there are some errors for some schools & we should try to get them corrected.
Thanks for your continued commitment to our schools and our community!