The Bridgeport Alliance Encourages Local Residents to Vote in CPS Local School Council (LSC)Elections On Monday, April 7, parents and community members can vote at their local elementary school.
On Tuesday, April 8, parents and community members can vote at their local high school.
Local School Councils or LSCs are very important to our local Chicago Public Schools. They approve a school’s budget, help write a school’s improvement plan, and they hire and evaluate principals.
A LSC consists of 6 parents, 2 community members, 2 teachers, 1 nonteaching staff member, and the principal. A student is a member at high schools.
Strong communities have strong schools. It takes all of us, together, to strengthen our schools.
Will you commit to vote in the LSC Elections?Who is running at our local schools?
This link to a DNAinfo article has a complete list of Parent and Community candidates. We welcome candidates to respond to this blog with their qualifications or to post on the BA Facebook page
To find your elementary school and high school: Please use this website & plug in your address. You do need to select the “Search by Address” button. http://www.cps.edu/schools/find_a_school/pages/schoollocator.aspx
If this does not work, please call the Department of School Demographics and Planning at (773)553-3270. Local school phone numbers are included below.
There are 2 exceptions to the above that we are aware of:
- For Sheridan (a magnet school), anyone who lives in these boundaries can vote there: the lake to the east, Ashland to the west; 12th Street to the north, 39th Street to the south.)
- For Air Force Academy High School, only parents can vote. We understand that the 2 community representatives on their LSC are appointed by the AFA Board.
- Community members voting must be at least 18 years old.
- You can vote anytime during the hours of 6:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- Voting takes place at each school.
- You can vote for UP TO 5 candidates.
- You will receive a ballot that includes both Parent Rep and Community Rep candidates.
- You do need to present current identification.
- If you are a CPS parent voting at your child’s school, you will need the report card you just picked up, plus one more form of ID.
- If you are a community member, you need 2 forms of ID to prove you live within the school’s boundaries
- Accepted forms of ID include:
- Driver’s License
- IL State ID
- Credit Card with picture
- Voter Registration Card
- Matricula Consular
- MediPlan/Medicaid Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Current Lease or Utility Bill
Thank you so much for your time and commitment to our community and our schools!
Local school contact & location information:
Philip D. Armour, 950 W. 33rd Place, 60608, 773-535-4530
Alexander Graham, 4436 S. Union Ave., 60609 (773)535-1308
John C. Haines, 247 West 23rd Place, 60616 773-534-9200
Holden Elementary School 1104 West 31st Street, 60608 (773) 535-7200
Robert Healy, 3010 S Parnell Ave., 60616 (773) 534-9190
George B McClellan, 3527 S Wallace St., 60609 (773) 535-1732
Mark Sheridan, 533 W 27th St., 60616 (773) 534-9120
James Ward, 2701 S. Shields Avenue, 60616, 773-534-9050
Tilden Career Community Academy HS, 4747 South Union Avenue, 60609 (773) 535-1625
Air Force Academy HS, 3630 S Wells St., 60609 (773) 534-7706
Voting issues? Please contact: Election Central Office of Local School Council Relations 773.553.1400